Famille Negrel Wines
The Negrel Family is one of the oldest families of winemakers in Provence. They have been running the Mas de Cadenet Estate since 1813. This prestigious Estate belongs to the Côtes de Provence Sainte Victoire Designated Area. The Mas de Cadenet is located in a breathtaking landscape at the bottom of the Sainte Victoire Mountain, near Aix-en-Provence.
- The Negrel Family is one of the oldest families of winemakers in Provence. They have been running the Mas de Cadenet Estate since 1813.
- Using the best terroirs of Provence they vinify, blend and mature their wines according to the “Negrel style”
- Organic farming is also an ethic that comes from respecting the work of past generations and the love of future generations who will inherit these lands
This scenery was a never-ending inspiration for the Master of Impressionism, Paul Cézanne. So we could say that the “picture perfect” Estate is like a painting! The vine is inextricably linked to the land’s History as demonstrated by the fragments of amphorae dating back to Roman Times found on the property.
But the history of the Mas de Cadenet starts in 1813 when the Negrel Family acquires the Estate. The Mas de Cadenet is emblematic of Provence. It is a longstanding “Love Story” between a family and its land. Today Guy Negrel runs the Estate with the help of his children Maud and Matthieu Negrel. In the spring of 2011, Maud & Matthieu Negrel created a new entity: “Famille Negrel”. Using the best terroirs of Provence they vinify, blend and mature their wines according to the “Negrel style”.
They wish to express the « House style », the personal taste of the family which made the reputation of the Estate. But above all, they want their wine to reflect the variety and the nuances of the terroirs of Provence. Family Négrel offers wines from different vineyards of Provence:
- HORIZON – IGP Méditerranée
- NUIT BLANCHE / DIAMANT / BAIES DES ANGES – AOP Côtes de Provence
- ORIGINE / HERITAGE – AOP Côtes de Provence Sainte Victoire
- PETITE REINE – AOP Bandol
- INSTANT ETERNEL – Sparking wine
“We do not inherit the land of our parents, we borrow it from our children”.
Viticulture and winemaking are here certified organic by the “Bureau Veritas”. The label involves mechanical work on soils, biological treatments for vines, animal manures, minimum inputs in the wine.