Roberto Sarotto is a family run cellar that began in 1820 and has since been producing red, white and sparkling wines in Piedmont.
Giuseppe Sarotto, the founder of the family, arrived in Neviglie from Barbaresco in 1820. Until Roberto Sarotto (7th generation to lead this family-owned estate) took over, the family sold their grapes to cooperatives. The estate has expanded significantly over the years, introducing other grape varieties to their original Dolcetto.
The estate covers an area of approximately 90 hectares, located in the most famous wine-growing areas of Piedmont:
- Neviglie: winery headquarters, main cellar and vineyards (Moscato d’Asti DOCG);
- Mango: vineyards (Langhe Arneis DOC and Alta Langa DOCG);
- Barolo: vineyards in the San Ponzio area (Barolo DOCG);
- Novello: vineyards in the Bergera-Pezzole and Pallaretta areas (Barolo DOCG);
- Neive: vineyards in the Gaia Principe, Currà and San Cristoforo areas (Barbaresco DOCG);
- Gavi: vineyards in the Zerbetta area (Gavi del Comune di Gavi DOCG);
- Parodi Ligure: vineyards (Gavi DOCG);
- San Cristoforo: secondary cellar for the vinification of Gavi DOCG and Gavi del Comune di Gavi DOCG
The Roberto Sarotto team are convinced that good wine is born in the vineyard and evolves in the cellar, which is why one of their main priorities is to take meticulous care of the vineyards.
With this in mind, the sustainability of production, understood as the harmonious establishment of the vineyards while respecting the flora and fauna, is essential. In particular, the adoption of non-invasive cultivation and treatment methods encourages the presence of wild animals and the preservation of the land’s natural resources. Sustainability means ensuring that the land continues to produce resources over time, equitably available for wine production on one hand and the maintenance of the ecosystem on the other.
Beyond this, tradition and technology are the backbone of their production philosophy.
Although harvesting continues to be carried out almost entirely by hand, the cellar is equipped with state-of-the-art technology to allow the best possible care of the wines produced. With a constant eye on the lessons of the past, the team enthusiastically adopts the most innovative approaches to winemaking.
Their top priority is to meet the needs of the end consumer. Thanks to their promotion of traditional methods and the use of cutting-edge equipment, Roberto Sarotto wines appeal to a wide range of customer preferences and tastes, while remaining affordable.