Sale

Olivier Leflaive Chablis Les Deux Rives 2018

Pure and soft Chablis
  • $75.00

Learn More About This Product

Primary Notes: Green Apple Peach Lemon Stone

Secondary Notes: Honey

Tertiary Notes:

Body: Medium

Dryness: Very Dry

Acidity: Medium +

Tannin: Light

Alcohol (%): 13.5

Origin: Burgundy, France

Maker: Olivier Leflaive

Grape: Chardonnay

Fermentation: Biodynamic Steel Only

Awards:

Decanting: 30 minutes

Serving Temperature: Best served between 10–12 degrees.

Asian Food Pairing: Oyster omelete, hokkien mee

Western Food Pairing: Fish terrines, warm oysters

Description

Olivier Leflaive Chablis Les Deux Rives 2018

Olivier Leflaive Chablis Les Deux Rives has a fresh and aromatic bouquet of white peaches, granny apples and lemon. Pure and soft palate that is lip-smacking dry and has a crunchy acidity. Sweet white peach, green apple and lemon citrus fruit flavours linger in the mouth with a nice stoney minerality and honey notes.

100% Chardonnay. The fruit comes from vineyards on both sides of the river Serein, which separates le Chablisien in two distinctive banks. Twelve plots in total with the main ones being Milly, Chichée, Fleys, Courgis, La Chapelle, Lignorelles, Fontenay. The sustainably farmed vineyards have altitudes ranging between 230–250 metres and a calcareous clay and kimméridgian soil composition.

100% mechanical harvesting. The fruit from each plot goes through vinification separately before coming together in the final blend. Upon arrival at the cellar, the grapes immediately go through a careful pressing with a pneumatic press. Destemming 90% of the fruit with the remaining 10% as whole berries. The wine then ages for 11 months in thermo-regulated stainless steel tanks of small capacity to allow riddling of the lees. Fining and filtering.

 

 

Ageing potential: Drink until 2025.

Check out all the Chablis we've got here!