Henri Bourgeois La Demoiselle de Bourgeois Pouilly-Fumé 2019

A rich and complex young lady. The only time you can cheat on your wife with another lady
  • Sold out

Learn More About This Product

Primary Notes: Gooseberry Apple / Pear Peach, Melon Passionfruit Grapefruit / Pomelo

Secondary Notes:

Tertiary Notes:

Body: Medium -

Dryness: Very Dry


Tannin: Light

Alcohol (%):

Origin: Pouilly-Fumé, Loire Valley, France

Maker: Henri Bourgeois

Grape: Sauvignon Blanc

Fermentation: Slight Wood

Awards: >90 pts


Serving Temperature: Best served between 11–12 degrees.

Asian Food Pairing: Steamed fish with spinach in a tangy sauce, Lemon chicken,

Western Food Pairing: Pair with poultry in apple sauce or a selection of cheeses, grilled lobster


Henri Bourgeois La Demoiselle de Bourgeois Pouilly-Fumé

A rich and complex young lady. Sound familiar? Henri Bourgeois "La Demoiselle de Bourgeois" is a pure and delicate expression of Sauvignon Blanc.

Pale straw colour with green reflections. Like a “Grand Cru”, the terroir of Pouilly gives a richness and a complex aromatic palate to this wine. The bouquet is full of green and white fruits with a grassy element of herbs, white flowers and white pepper. A lively acidity and the (chalky and flinty) mineral notes are balanced by delicious flavours of lime citrus, ripe pear, quince and green plum fruit. Very nice structure on the palate and gorgeous persistence on the finish.

100% Sauvignon Blanc. Made from a strict selection of the best Sauvignon grapes, the fruit for La Demoiselle comes from the Kimmeridgian marls of Saint-Laurent l'Abbaye. The first vines of this AOC were planted in this location. This terroir gives roundness, deepness and a great longevity to the wines.

After a gentle pressing and 24 hours settling, fermentation for 85% of the must occurs in thermo-regulated stainless steel tanks at 15–18°C. The remaining 15% goes through fermentation in 600 litre oak barrels. This subtle blending gives a great complexity to the wine. Maturation takes place on fine lees for 9–10 months before bottling.

Ageing potential: drink now or within 6–10 years from vintage.
Check out other rich and textured wines we've got from the Pouilly-Fumé region.


 As with so many fine wines from Pouilly Fumé, this is rich, densely textured and full of white and green fruit. Herbal and grassy, it is still young although likely to be ready to drink soon. So drink this spicy wine from late 2018.