Bulk order discounts of 5% & 8% for Orders above 6 & 12 Wines!
More about this wine!
NOTES: Lemon Saline, Flint Fennel, Balsamic
ALCOHOL (%): 12.26
ORIGIN: Catalunya (Priorat, Montsant & More), Spain
MAKER: Els Vinyerons
ASIAN FOOD PAIRING: Steamed white fish, seafood fried rice, smoked tofu
WESTERN FOOD PAIRING: Baked cod, seafood risotto, smoked salmon
Els Vinyerons Lluerna 2021
Els Vinyerons Lluerna expresses the minerality and balsamic underbrush of the Mediterranean climate. Opens with a big nose of lemon citrus and floral aromas. The mineral wine's exceptional salinity and freshness is supported with a big acidity. Flint and candied lemon flavours mingle with a hint of fennel on the close.
Fun Fact: Lluerna translates as "firefly".
100% Xarel-lo. The fruit comes from vines growing in an east facing vineyard in Catalonia, Spain, that bathe daily in the gently cool morning sun. The soil is distinctly limestone with a profuse scattering of fossilised oysters from the Neogen period 18 million years ago.
Harvest by hand. After a soft pressing, the must ferments with indigenous yeasts in stainless steel deposits. 90% ages for 4 months in stainless steel deposits and the remaining 10%, which comes from the previous year, ages for 12 months in French oak barrels.