Sale

Domaine J.A. Ferret Pouilly-Fuisse 2018

This is benchmark Pouilly-Fuisse: powerful, racy and aromatic.
  • Sold out

Learn More About This Product

Primary Notes: Apple / Pear Lemon / Lime

Secondary Notes: Vanilla Honey

Tertiary Notes:

Body: Medium

Dryness: Very Dry

Acidity: Medium

Tannin: Light

Alcohol (%):

Origin: Burgundy, France

Maker: Domaine J.A. Ferret

Grape: Chardonnay

Fermentation: Slight Wood

Awards: >90 pts

Decanting:

Serving Temperature: Best served between 10–12 degrees.

Asian Food Pairing: Grilled or pan-fried fish, seafood dim sum, Maeun-tang

Western Food Pairing: Seafood risotto, shellfish and mollusks, veal cutlets in creamy sauce, goat's cheeses and hard cow's milk cheeses.

Description

Domaine J.A. Ferret Pouilly-Fuisse 2018

Domaine J.A. Ferret Pouilly-Fuisse is rich, powerful and round. Pale gold colour with a complementing bouquet of yellow fruits, acacia flowers, hazelnut and butter. Harmonious with a pleasing balance between weight and freshness. Restrained fruit flavours of green apple, yellow peach and lemon with rich notes of honey, acacia and vanilla. Closes in a long intense and spicy finish.

100% Chardonnay from vines with an average age of 40-years-old. A blend of the best parcels from Pouilly-Fuissé's amphitheatre in the Mâconnais (Burgundy) region. The vines were planted between 2017 and 1947, a little more than 70 years separate the youngest vines from the oldest. A third of the vines grow on west-facing granite soil - a mixture of schists, volcanic sedimentary sands and rhyolitic tuff. The remainder face east and are mostly planted on limestone and Jurassic marls, but there are also some deposits of clay.
Hand harvesting and gentle whole bunch pressing of the grapes. Just over half the wine (55%) matures in stainless steel tanks. The remaining 45% matures in barrels, none of which are new (2nd to 5th use only). Bottling with the waning moon.

Ageing potential: Drink until 2026.



Loveblock-Dry-Riesling13%
How about a red from Burgundy? Check out Faiveley Vosne-Romanée 2014.

AWARDS & ACCOLADES


TASTING PANEL - 93 POINTS
 Crisp, mineral driven, smooth, and juicy, with bright acidity and a long, fresh finish—classic.
- 91 POINTS
 Aromas of ripe white orchard fruit and citrus zest introduce rich and nicely voluminous middle weight flavors that possess a succulent and mouth coating palate impression, all wrapped in a sneaky long if mildly warm finish. This should drink well relatively early yet also repay a few years of keeping.
- 15.5/20