Cosmic Vinyaters Macabeu Via Fora 2021
Grape varietal & region: 100% Macabeu. The fruit for this wine comes from a single parcel of over 70 years-old vines in a vineyard with organic certification. The vineyard is located in the mountain range Serra del Montmell and has white clay soils.
Taste profile: Cosmic Vinyaters Macabeu Via Fora is mature, complex and balanced. The nose opens with aromas of ripe white fruit, Mediterranean herbs and white flowers. Smooth entry to the palate, which is dry and harmonious. Citrus flavours intermix with floral accents to create a pleasant drinking wine.
Winemaking process: Manual harvesting of the grapes in 10 kg boxes. Upon arrival at the winery, 40% of the grapes go through maceration with skins and stems, fermenting for 10 days. The other 60% macerates with skins for 4 days, then goes through pressing and fermentation without skins. Fermentation with native yeasts. 88% ages in stainless steel tanks and the remaining 12% ages in French oak barrels. No sulphites added, no filtering or clarification before bottling.